Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 9, 2010
Dear Policy Maker,
I ask that you listen to my letter with an open mind and open
heart. I am a single forty year old woman with Hepatitis C.
Unfortunately, when I was a young girl I was in a car accident
and needed a blood transfusion. As a consequence, I contracted
Hepatitis C.
I have three kids that are five, ten, and thirteen. My five year
old Benny is a curious one. Garrett, my ten year old attends
Elementary school and thrives in school and loves to play soccer.
My oldest daughter Maya is in seventh grade and is a very
responsible young woman and helps me with both of my younger
children.
Fortunately, my disease has not affected my health until now. I am
a dedicated fourth grade school teacher. I have taught fourth grade
for the past fifteen years which is one hundred students per year
and has a great impact on the education of our kids and our future.
I would really like to keep working and help teach these young
minds and get them started on a great education. I hope you can
assist me to continue my career as a teacher.
Policy Maker, please consider me as a candidate for a liver
transplant. My children still really need me and I want to be there
to watch them grow.
Thank you for your time and please don’t hesitate to contact me for
further information.
Sincerely,
Joyce Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment